Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hasen ends long, illustrious career with Brampton Excelsiors

The Brampton Excelsiors will be searching for new leadership. Their coaching staff of Mike HasenDan Teat and Paddy O'Toole are stepping down. All three have young children and want to spend more time with their families.

 "It's been almost 20 years in that dressing room and unfortunately my family's been put on the back burner for all of it." Hasen said. I've got three kids now and my oldest is a bantam now. I'd like to spend more time with that and just more time with family in general."

 Hasen is a Brampton native and he says that makes the playing and coaching career he has had with the Excelsiors even more special. "Growing up as a kid, that's where I wanted to be and that's what I wanted to do," Hasen said. "Having that chance is great and having the chance to have that success with it is not something you can even dream of. It's very difficult to leave but at the same time it's very rewarding when you look back at it."

 It's not hard to guess where Hasen will be during Excelsiors home games, though. "We'll be there, probably for every single game. Except I'll be able to show up at game time and leave when it's done. My two girls will have that ability to bounce around me and my wife during the games." The Excelsiors are currently conducting a search for their new coaching staff.